Monday, July 26, 2010

AWOL and back again

I was talking to someone today who mentioned that they changed the oil in their car for the first time and they were late to work because of it. I've changed the oil on several cars and his dilemma peaked my interest. I asked him if he lubricated the gasket. He had no idea what I was talking about. I fear for that gentleman's car.

I changed the oil in my car awhile back. The one thing that always annoys me about changing the oil in a car is finding where the oil filter is and wondering exactly how difficult the damn thing is going to be getting the new one on there. My car was apparently designed by geniuses. The oil filter is right next to the oil pan of the car and couldn't be easier to get to (other than the fact that it is underneath the car). The real problem was getting the drain plug off.

I don't appreciate how these guys at auto repair shops using electric tools. I know its easier and makes the job faster, but when getting bolts back onto my car, do they really have to make it tighter than what I can get off? Is that some ploy to get me back into the shop? Anyway, with an excess amount of elbow grease, I got the damn thing off. Hopefully now it will be easier next time.

I know this isn't an interesting post. I'm really not sure if any of my posts are interesting, but I'm definitely not feeling this one. Some of you wanted one, especially after my absence last week, so here you are.

Just please know right now that all I have going on is work and wedding stuff. One I don't talk about and the other I just don't think would be interesting. Perhaps I'm wrong. The wedding is getting down to the wire. It's all the small things now. Writing lists, printing lists, buying groceries, thinking of the ceremony, etc. I may get a chance to post next week, but keep in mind I'll be a newly married man and Monday next week is the first full day of marriage for me. I may be preoccupied by other things. I ask for your forgiveness in advance.

1 comment: