Monday, January 4, 2010

No New Direction

So I said I would try to update every Monday, however when you get sick and it gets to be the holidays, plans can go awry.

I really try not to do anything online when I'm sick, just in case anyone from work may be watching. I don't want to call in, go on facebook at 10 in the morning and have my boss ask me if I'm feeling better. It's just one of those situations you do not want to find yourself in. And in case anyone from work is reading, yes, I really was sick, evidence of me still having the sniffles. This stuff just wont quit.

I flew up to Whistler for a couple of days to ski. I was glad I went as I hadn't been up there in two years. I was a little timid skiing for the first time in so long, but towards the end of the day I was really starting to get into the hang of it. I have to to make sure it's not another two years before I go skiing again.

Now that it's a new decade people feel compelled to categorize everything into top ten lists. I've been asked a couple of times what the best movies of the past decade are. This is a reasonable question as I love movies. However I cannot conceive of compiling all my favorite movies into a list of a hierarchical structure. It's impossible for me to do. Just as it is impossible for some people to drive like they have a license. It's not going to happen. You can ask me, but there likely won't be an answer. Even asking me my favorite movie of all time, I cannot do. I've seen too many and there are too many I enjoy. Each has wonderful qualities that I cannot ignore or toss to the side.

Christmas was awesome, I got cool stuff, that's all that's worth saying. However I do have to go out and buy a High def TV for my Blu Ray Player now.

Ta for now, back on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. "Christmas was awesome, I got cool stuff, that's all that's worth saying. However, I do have to go out and buy a High def TV for my Blu Ray Player now."
    I don't see the words "family" or "friends" anywhere in there. Sounds like Christmas is one big capitalism apple for somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, would you like to play a game?

    ReplyDelete