Monday, May 10, 2010

We Have the Right to be Intelligent

Okay so I know this is sort of old news at this point, but that's the downside to once weekly posts. Unless you have absolutely no cares about the outside world, you have undoubtedly heard of the attempted bombing in Times Square in New York.

Fortunately no one was hurt and a suspect has been caught. Unfortunately the idiots who try to make this world a more unbearable place to live in every day are screaming about things they have no knowledge about. Why is it such a big deal that this guy was read his Miranda Rights? I know he's a suspected terrorist and people don't exactly want to give him a big warm hug right now, and I'm in agreement with this feeling. I have very little sympathy for terrorists. But the simple fact remains, the guy has rights. Just like you and I, he is to be tried in a court of law, innocent until proven guilty and read his Miranda Rights. In fact, if he had not been read his Miranda Rights, he would go free.

Yes, I know, profound isn't it?

It is a constitutional right for each person to be read their rights upon being arrested and if that does not happen, the case is extremely liable to be thrown out and the suspect, of which most know is guilty, goes free. People who have been under arrest have been read their Miranda Rights incorrectly have gone free. People who were not read their Miranda Rights immediatly upon being arrested and instead on the car ride to the police station have gone free. So if you're shouting about Faisal Shahzad and how he has no rights, shut up. You're stupid, you don't know what you're talking about and all you're trying to do is help this guy blow up parts of the United States. And by that logic, I could call you a terrorist.

This Miranda Rights stuff is so rediculous, even Glenn Beck agrees Shahzad should be read his rights. Glenn Beck is a man I rarely agree with. For once, I applaud you Mr. Beck. Hopefully you've enlightened thousands of your constantly illinformed audience.

Not only do I agree Faisal Shahzad has rights, I also agree with his taste. He was using a Nissan Pathfinder. Do you have any idea how reliable those things are? I drove a 17 year old pathfinder around for two years, and if it were up to me I still would be if someone hadn't broadsided me early last year and totaled the whole thing. Of course, a Pathfinder isn't very reliable after you use it to blow up Times Square, but asian made cars can only go so far. But much farther than American made cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment